FETAC Occupational First Aid
To provide delegates with the skills to be able to administer appropriate first aid.
Occupational First Aid Course Objectives
After this Occupational First Aid course delegates should be able to:
- To increase the awareness of possible accidents
- To identify an accident that requires first aid treatment
- To apply first aid techniques
- Use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- To optimise performance and health in the workplace
Occupational First Aid Course Content:
- Unit 1 First Aid in the Workplace
- Unit 2 Patient Assessment
- Unit 3 Respiratory Emergencies
- Unit 4 Cardiac First Response
- Unit 5 Wounds and Bleeding
- Unit 6 Altered Levels of Consciousness
- Unit 7 Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Unit 8 Burns and Scalds, Chemicals, Poison, Electric Shock
On completion of the course, attendees' knowledge and skills will be examined by an examiner registered with the OFAAA. If successful, attendees will receive a FETAC Occupational First Aid Certificate.
All of Qualtec's First Aid Instructors and First Aid examiners are on the OFAAA Register of First Aid Trainers.
Occupational First Aid Course Venue:
Occupational First Aid courses are held in Celbridge, Co.Kildare.
350 euro per person
1,500 euro for an inhouse course for up to 10 persons