CFR Instructor Course
CFR Instructor Course Aim:
The aim of this CFR Instructor course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude to train others to be Cardiac First Responders.
CFR Instructor Course Objectives:
On completion of this CFR Instructor course learners will be able to:
- Explain the role of PHECC
- Explain the Chain of Survival
- Demonstrate Adult and Child CPR
- Demonstrate the correct use of an AED
- Demonstrate Adult and Child Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Explain Critical Incident Stress Management
- Explain the steps required in dealing with a stroke and heart attack.
- Demonstrate the recovery position.
CFR Instructor Course duration
(Learners must first have successfully completed a basic PHECC CFR course before attending. Learners must then assist on at least two CFR course before returning to be assessed by Qualtec. This can be organised by the learners themselves or by Qualtec.)
CFR Instructor Course content
- Introduction to PHECC
- Presentation Skills
- Learning Environment
- Lesson Planning
- Training resources
- Recovery Position
- The Chain of Survival
- Adult C.P.R./Forgien Body Obstruction Practise (F.B.A.O).
- Two person C.P.R.
- A.E.D. Skill and 1 Shock Scenario
- A.E.D. Multi Shock Skills Practice/ Skills Evaluation
- Infant C.P.R. & F.B.A.O. Skills
- Child C.P.R. & F.B.A.O. Skills
- Heart Attack and Stroke
- Legal & Ethical Issues
- Administration Issues
- Infection Control
- Professional Indemnity